Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Catching Up

Well it’s been awhile since I gave any thoughts as to writing to this blog. It just seems we got tied up in so many things. Our most important one was of course Eli and his battle with E-coli. He was in the hospital in Spokane for about 3 weeks, seemed like a year. We were deep in prayer and had many of you who follow us through our face books and this blog or Lewy and Jessica’s praying for Eli also. Megan even had a good friend who was traveling in Italy light a candle for him at a Cathedral there. It is a miracle what prayer can do. I know it has brought us closer together in our lives. Megan’s mom was sick for about 2 weeks but she was more worried about her great grandson than herself. She is getting better every day also. Megan was busy doing a hundred different projects as we all know she does, so she was keeping her mind occupied that way and less stress over Eli. I farmed and continue to do so, now that I have kind of a routine everyday it does not take me long to get things done. I still don’t have a tractor that I can use for any real work. I did buy a chain harrow to pull behind the 4 wheeler to break up the manure in the pasture and spread the gravel around on the drive way. We have a new boarder her name is BB she is a race horse long legs and going to foal in January. She is black in color and pretty and very friendly. Of course we have T bone and the other three horses, Mac and the five cats. They all are doing well. The trees are budding out and our Pecan trees got frosted once but are blooming again so maybe we will have a crop this year. The oats are heading out and will be cut in the first part of May. So I’m irrigating them again to get them taller. Megan went to Phoenix for a pottery conference; she will meet up with her friends Marci and Sandi from Texas and Montana. Then she is off to Columbia Falls for a couple of weeks to help with Eli. I’m kind of jealous about her seeing Eli with out me. But Eli calls me and we talk he in his language and me in mine and we have a grand old time, plus we have web cams so we can talk and see everybody. Modern times are great some times. My bowling season ends in a couple of weeks and then I can start golfing around my farming. I have gone out once and had fun, I will never make the tour but if you want to laugh and have a good time I’m your golfing buddy. Megan and I will be going to Las Vegas for the National Bowling tournament and I will get to see my buddies from there that I bowled with so that will be great. I have to go for now and get some things done, Megan left me with a honey do list so I had better get after it. Later my friends and family.